HDL Cholestrol low, how to improve it within a week.

Patient

Q: I had my lipid profile tests done last week and my hdl cholestrol was 35 whereas the minimum should be 40, I have my medical test again next week and I have started taking 1 tablet a day of rosuvas 10 by ranbaxy. Will it fix my hdl cholestrol by then or do I need to take other precautions as well , cause I need to get the tests right for my career ?

Symptoms:  Na
Doctor

Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com
Yes, HDL is the good cholesterol and it is ideal to maintain it in between 40-60. Your values are not alarmingly low, so do not worry. You have already started Rosuvas, indicating your LDL must be high. You need to start exercising, 30-45 minutes brisk walk daily coupled with low-fat diet. Avoid alcohol. Once you modify your lifestyle, maintain your diet and reduce weight, your HDL levels will automatically improve.

Hope this was helpful,
Regards.