Head injury have crust/dried blood over the wound

Patient

Q: I split my head open about two and a half weeks ago. They didn't have to shave my head but there was a divot. It went to my skull but didn't crack. It was about 4 inches by 5 inches right on the top of my head in a horseshoe shape. I got the staples out but the wound is very crusty. My hair started to fall out along with parts of the scab so I didn't think anything of it. But now, I have a bald spot the size of a quarter right next to the rest of the scab. Will my hair grow back, or am I going to be bald in that area for the rest of my life.

Symptoms:  Itchy scalp, dandruff, headache and bad concussion
Doctor