x
175 Physicians Online

Question:

Head tremors, pressure in head and eyes and nausea.

I have been suffering from head tremors for some time, they are usually worse when I am trying to sleep but can begin at anytime. I also feel pressure in my head and behind my eyes and both my head and eyes ache. I don't know if the aching and the tremors are related. Any ideas??

Answer:

Your head tremors could be the result of transient motor tics or familial essential tremor. What brings about these movements is not known but some believe there may be a genetic aspect to the abnormal movements. Usually these movements tend to resolve on their own and may not need treatment. If you feel that these movements are interfering with your daily activities then I suggest you visit you family doctor for further investigation. Your doctor may do neurophysical and imaging studies to differentiate the causes of the head movements.

Have a Question? Ask The Doctor Here.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

Dr. Patrick Golden M.D.

• Board Certified Cardiologist
  • Founder AskTheDoctor.com
  • Practices in Fresno, CA