Head whooms when sleeping, hands and feet become hot, stomach almost vomits

Q: My new insurance would not accept the results from my first sleep study for me to have oxygen at night for sleep apnea, and required a second sleep study. During the second sleep study, the air coming out of the oxygen line suddenly smelled like car exhaust and caused my brain to whoom, my hands and feet to become hot, and my stomach to feel sick.
Since then, this happens to me several times a night every night. It is not dizziness, it is not a headache, it feels like my brain is expanding and contracting and the sound it makes is WHOOM WHOOM WHOOM, but it is not in time with my heartbeat, my heart has beat faster and slower than the whoom, so it is independant of my heart rate.
I am afraid to go to sleep, I feel horrible all the time, but my doctors cant figure out what is wrong or what happened to me.
I have been to the emergency room, my GP, and a neurologist. I have had xrays and cat scans, my brain appears normal, there are no obvious signs of anything at all.
Is there a medical condition that explains this that I can have my doctors test for?