Headache after Masturbating

Patient

Q: Tension-type headache after masturbating. I am eighteen years of age.

Symptoms:  Tightness in neck (back of neck mainly, tightness in top of head (as well as the sides and front), lasting more than 30 minutes, ears plugged up (and ringing at times), slight initial dizziness (now gone)
Doctor

A:   Masturbation may be the last activity that you would expect to cause headaches. Some people even find that the endorphins released by masturbating ease their occasional headaches. However, complications of excessive masturbation can lead to headaches and migraines, and can include feelings of cynicism, exhaustion, poor concentration, forgetfulness and poor sleeping habits.
Coital cephalalgia, also known as "sexual headaches", is a type of severe headache that occurs at the base of the skull before orgasm during sexual activity, including masturbation. It is not a common condition. Since you are on various medications, you should get in touch with your doctor to investigate the cause of the headache, and seek advice specific to your circumstances.