Headache, numbness, dizziness

Patient

Q: I am having frequent headaches and my body goes numb quite fast and easily. I feel dizzy sometimes. what I am to do

Doctor

A:   Most people experience headaches from time to time. Headaches can have a wide range of causes, many levels of severity and different types. The most common types are tension headaches, migraines, sinus headache, and cluster headaches. You may have a tension headache (or "stress headache") if you experience a constant, dull, aching feeling on both sides of the head like a band around the head. Unlike a tension headache, people with migraines experience pulsating, throbbing pain that is located primarily on one side of the head and has additional symptoms (dizziness, nausea, lightheadedness, and visual changes, etc.) If you have one of the most painful types of headaches called a cluster headache, it may frequently awaken you in the middle of the night with intense pain in or around the eye on one side of your head. Although persistent headaches are very rarely a sign of a serious medical condition, such as brain tumor or meningitis, the severity of your chronic headaches is concerning that needs to be diagnosed so that you can be properly treated. The doctor may prescribe stronger NSAIDS medications or Triptans for the treatment.