Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Headaches on the side of my head

Headaches on the side of my head

Patient: Hi thought today I have been dry reaching getting been getting headaches on the side of my head and the only way it can stop is if I put really hard pressure on the side of my head

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.I have read your query in detail and I understand your concern.You seem to be suffering from tension headache. The Tension Headaches usually present with heaviness in head, band-like sensation over the head and disturbed sleep.You should, however, see your doctor who will evaluate you for other organic causes of headache and if he feels he will get your MRI Brain done. You should also get your BP checked.Also, you should get your eyesight tested. If everything is normal, you doctor will treat you with anti-anxiety drugs of low potential and if you don’t respond you would be treated with antidepressants like Tricyclic antidepressant Amitriptyline Or SSRI like Escitalopram.You should try to keep your stress levels low and try to be happy. You should also start meditation that will help you in getting rid from these headaches.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.