Headaches with protien

Patient : Every time I try protein shakes I get headaches, some strong & some mild - is this just my body adjusting, will they go away with time?
Doctor :   I do not know of any specific cases of protein ingestion causing headaches. It is advisable to keep a headache diary. R ecord the days and time you have a headache and document what you were eating or doing at that time. If after keeping such a dairy, there is clear link between protein shakes and your headaches, I would suggest trying another brand of shakes - it may be an ingredient in the shake as opposed to the protein causing your discomfort.  If your headaches to not improve or begin to worsen, please see your family doctor.