Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Health issue with patient

Health issue with patient

Patient: Am having difficulty checking my blood pressure it gets high and then it gets a little lower sometimes not where its supposed to be and i also got thumping in my ear and i don’t know what to do a bout it and i have been getting a lot of headaches lately.

Symptoms: Headache , thumping in the left ear,lost of appetite,tired

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.It seems that you have high blood pressure due to an unknown cause. But one possibility is a pheochromocytoma. It causes headaches with pulsating type of Blood pressure changes.Please see a Doctor to get checked for this. You will need to get tested for some byproducts of epinephrine. These are indicators of a pheochromocytoma.Hope this helps you. All the best.