Health risks in eating tomatoes?

Patient

Q: 1. Are there health risks or dangers in eating too much fresh tomatoes? If, what is the medical advice to avoid these risks and eatIng tomatoes continually?

Doctor

A:   Currently, there are no known warnings or contraindications with the use of Tomato. However, it should also be remembered the moderately content in oxalic acid of tomatoes (5.3 mg / 100 g), may form insoluble calcium salts (calcium oxalate) which can precipitate in the form of kidney stones. Also, due to its acidity, a moderate consumption is encourage and in the case of gastro duodenal diseases.