Healthy, active afro-caribbean with high blood pressure

Q: Hi Dr

5' 8''
Athletic build

I'm an afro-caribbean amateur american football player from the uk, so I'm a very active & sporty individual that trains 4 times a week. I eat as healthily as I can, no sodium in my diet, drink 1.5ltrs of water a day. I don't drink, don't smoke or do any drugs & yet these are my blood pressure figures below:
10Dec2014 - 164/112
17Dec2014 - 171/86
03Feb2015 - 181/110
04Feb2015 - 160/100 - On this date, my GP prescribed Amlodipine, 5mg once a day for 2 weeks & to stop training. I had a blood test on this day which resulted in cholesterol, kidneys, sodium, sugars & liver being all normal. Vitamin D was slightly low, but nothing to worry about on a major scale.
17Feb2015 - 185/98 - On this date, my GP requested that I increase the dose of Amlodipine to 10mg a day & to go back to my training for a month, then review the results, whilst checking my blood pressure daily on my ward where I work which specialises in Cardiology.

Please note that although info is transferred between surgeries if one decides to move, my GP doesn't know me very well about my lifestyle, or past history.

Based on the info above, my question is 2 part:
1. Being the age that I am, & looking into my activity levels, what would you recommend that I do? Shall I go with my GP's advice & take 10mg a day, or should I question it?
2. Apart from the obvious, are there other alternative methods to bringing down blood pressure in afro-caribbeans?

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards

Symptoms:  Slight random headaches, random flashes from the corner of my eyes.