Hearing Impaired after using a Neti Pot

Patient

Q: Hi there. I have had a pretty bad head cold and recently used a neti pot to clear my sinuses. I have done this in the past without any problem however this time I felt that the water did not clear from my right nostril and now I have a VERY full feeling in my right ear and am having a hard time hearing. I have started using Nasacort but am wondering if there is anything else I can do to clear this fullness feeling and also is it a serious problem?

Symptoms:  Sinus pressure, hearing impaired on my right side
Doctor