Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Heart pain problem with short breath

Heart pain problem with short breath

Patient: I am 32 year married male. I have been suffering from short breath, heart pain for 2-3 years. One month ago I went to a cardiologist. He done my ECG and suggested some medicine after which I am suffering from loose stools 3-4 a day. Sometime I feel pain in lower part of my stomach and light headache also..What may be the problem???

Symptoms: Light pain in heart, short breath, loose stool for one month, pain in lower part of stomach, itching throat, light headache

Doctor: Hello.Welcome to Ask The Doctor.I understand your concern.Such chest pains seem to be because Muscular pain. How ever, Cardiac Chest pain and pain due to Acid reflux should be kept in consideration.It is important to differentiate between the all as the treatment course is entirely different.The Muscular chest pain aggravates with movement. It is dull, diffuse and continuous in nature.However, the Cardiac chest pain is severe and crushing in nature. It increases with activity like walking, exercising. It also radiated to the left hand.I feel your doctor must have found the ECG normal and would have given you treatment for muscular pain with painkillers that have caused the acid reflux.For acid reflux, I would advise you to take a combination of Pantoprazole and DomperidoneShare my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy