Heart palpitations: Causes and management

My heart has been fluttering or feeling lile its rolling all day it doesnt hurt but is very uncomfortable

A:   Fluttering heart beats usually indicate a problem with the heart rythym and are called palpitations. There ae various causes of the same like for example too fast or too slow heart beats, irregular heart beats (arrythymias) , panic/anxiety attacks, thyroid issues like hyperthyroidism, low blood hemoglobin : Anemia etc. These need to be evaluated and you need to consult your GP for a examination and tests like ECG, blood pressure, thyroid function and a complete blood count. All the best.

Sign In to join in the conversation.
You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

Dr. Suneel Sharman

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

Dr. Kunaal Jindal

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA