Heartbeat in lower-stomach

Q: Hello, recently i've incorporated sit ups into my workout and today i noticed something that i found slightly odd. When i do about 30+ and pause to rest, i can feel my heartbeat in my lower stomach if i'm lying flat on my back. I can only feel it in my stomach like this when i do the sit ups, and that's why i found it odd, should i be worried about this?

Symptoms:  N/a

A:   Thanks for consulting ATD.

Nothing to worry about this. It is quite normal to feel the sensation of heart beat at various parts after strenuous exertion. It is the surge of blood to different parts that make pulsation throughout. As the pattern of workout is being changed recently, it may take a couple of days for your body to accustom to.

Hope you got the point. Have a nice day.