Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Heavy bleeding after giving birth

Heavy bleeding after giving birth

Patient: Im 40 had baby 11was ago normal delivery home same day. Went on depo 3wks ago no problem for first two wks. Have bled for last ten days its heavy for me with clots. Pads need changing every 3 2 4 hrs. Have mild period pain temperature of 37.7. What’s going on have asked this question b4 but can’t view your answer getting anxious now having panic attacks over it

Symptoms: Bleeding bleed when urinate pass clots

Doctor: Thank you for your query.Having heavy to severe persistent bleeding with clots is a side effect of the drug Provera. I t is advisable that you seek the help of your health care provider immediately without delay.Hope that answers your query.Have a good day.