Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Heavy bleeding with clots with a positive pregnanct test.

Heavy bleeding with clots with a positive pregnanct test.

Patient: I took a pregnancy test april 1st and it came up positive, but one of the lines was faint. i started my period the next morning at 6:00am that day and the second day it was heavy bleeding with clots, but now, on april 2nd around 10:00pm i keep checking within the three hours it was very little blood, i was wondering, if i could still be pregnant or could i miscarried?

Doctor: You may have had a miscarriage.However this could also suggest a implantation bleed ( which occurs when the embryo impla nts on the wall of the uterus) .You could repeat your pregnancy test to check. However you do need to see your family physician or OBGYN physician for a physical and a internal examination as if you have had a misscariage then we have to be sure that all the products of conception have passed and there is none left over in the uterus which could lead to serious complications in the future. All the best.