Heavy flows or bleeding

Q: I am 49 yrs old. I have heavy mentrual flows, and last June I have a D and C because my endometrium lining is thick, it was an emergency operation since I have been bleeding. I thought after that everything would be okay, but for July, August I still have heavy flows with dysmenorrhea pain.
Last Sept 6, I have my mens then on Sept 25 again until now. I am also in pain. Is this just a part of my menopausal symptoms?
I just want to know if this is just normal for people my age to experience this.
I have had ultrasound and surgical hispathologic diagnosis, I am safe according to my doctor.
Can I ask your opinion? I always have short cycles and always have pains on mens. It really is difficult, it is affecting my work.
Please enlighten me.