x
185 Physicians Online

Question:

Heavy watery discharge not treated with canesten

I am 25yrs old and have been experiencing heavy vaginal discharge since few months ago after an intercourse. It is usually clear and watery. However, at times, it does appear to be slight yellow (could be due to uric, I suppose). It is seriously bugging me as I would need to change a pantyliner every 2-4hrs just to prevent the moisture build up causing "diaper rash". No foul smell observed though itch is sometimes present. I feel awkward and uncomfortable of visiting any doctors for physical examination (The idea of someone looking at my private part just puts me off). I tried to canesten after reading up that it could be yeast infection, but it didn't solve the problem. I would like to find out more about the possible remedies.

Symptoms: " />

Answer:

Vaginal discharge that is clear and non foul smelling is usually a normal vaginal discharge. An irritation of change in the smell of the discharge could indicate bacterial vaginosis is requires further evaluation. I recommend visiting a doctor anytime your discharge is different from usual. Antibiotics like metronidazole and clindamycin are affective in bacterial vaginosis.

Have a Question? Ask The Doctor Here.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

Dr. Patrick Golden M.D.

• Board Certified Cardiologist
  • Founder AskTheDoctor.com
  • Practices in Fresno, CA