Height Grow

Patient : Dear Ask The Doctor, I'm 22 years ols.I'm 5 feet 4 inches & weight is around 50 kgs.My father's height also 5 feet 4 inches only.My grand mother is under 5.So,I think, this may be one factor for my height problem. But please give me suggestions about diet & exercises in order to increase my height. I heard about some injections are there.Is it true? I used Height Grow Capsules for 4 months continuously as directed by the physician but no use. Some people are saying defect in Thyroid gland. Whatever the reason may be,Please help me in increasing my height.
Doctor :   According to the data that you have provided about your height (5 feet 4”), your weight (50kgs) and your age (22 years o s old), it is not likely that you might have any growth deficiency, growth failure or failure to thrive. Sometimes the short stature may be the normal expression of genetic potential, and it seems to be that is the trend in your family, in which case the growth rate is normal, or it may be the result of a condition that causes growth failure with a lower-than-normal growth rate. Growth failure is the term that describes a growth rate below the appropriate growth velocity for age. Some of the factors of short stature include: parents height (familial short stature), timing of the puberty because with the sexual hormones the epiphysial fusion occurs early, resulting in premature slowing of growth velocity, usually resulting in a short adult height. In your particular case, your epiphysis have closed already, reducing your potential for an additional growth in stature, but your height and your weight seem to be normal for your age.