Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Height problem for girls

Height problem for girls

Patient: Hi i am sonalika. I am 15 years old. i am 5.1 . My mom is 5.2 and my dad is 5.9 Is it possible to grow after 15 years of age for girls. I am trying a capsule called more power for height. So is it possible to grow more after 15 years?

Doctor: I do understand that you are concerned about your height. Most girls reach their full height by 17 years of age, althoug h some individuals continue to grow into the twenties. Environmental factors that affect your height include disease, stress, nutrition, exercise and sleep. They are just as important as heredity in determining growth. I would suggest that you eat a well balanced diet, get adequate sleep and exercise regularly to help improve growth in height. Take care.