Hello, About 3 mon this ago I sustained an injury

Patient : Hello, About 3 mon this ago I sustained an injury to my left thigh. I avoided getting hit by a car by quickly reacting and stepping out of the way but in doing so I must have stretched a muscle in my thigh so quickly that it caused me serious pain. I was unable to walk without feeling alot of pain. When I eventually did get home I did not notice any black or blue. I immediately iced it. A month later and the pain was just about gone with the exception ofoccasional pain in the superior aspect of my knee when I squat down. I also noticed a retracted lump up my thigh. I had an MRI done which said I had diffused edema in my rectus Femoris due to muscle strain and possible microscopic fiber tears. I've been treating my quad for a month after that and the lump has not gone down. I have done ultrasound on it, EMS,stretching, exercises and no noticeable reduction in size. What could it be?
Doctor :   Hi. Thanks for your query. Noted the history of strain in the thigh 3 months ago, self treatment for the first month and then investigations of MRI, ultrasonography, occasional pain on the superior aspect of the knee on squatting down. There is retracted lump up the thigh. MRI done which said that there is a diffused edema in rectus Femoris due to muscle strain and possible microscopic fiber tears. You have been treating the quad for a month after that and the lump has not gone down.Done ultrasound on it, EMS,stretching, exercises and no noticeable reduction in size. What could it be? This can be due to any of the following reasons. - Organized Hematoma. - Large fibrotic band of the muscles. The best option is: Get a clinical evaluation done by an Orthopedic Surgeon and get it operated if he thinks is going to help you. I hope this answer helps you.