Hello, About a few years ago my face started getting extremely oily. And now it's very itchy & sometimes it seem like something is crawling on it.

Patient

Q: Hello, About a few years ago my face started getting extremely oily. And now it's very itchy & sometimes it seem like something is crawling on it. The next day I'll have a mixture of cystic & white head bumps. No matter what products I use for acne/oily face, nothing seems to help. Any advice will be helpful! Thank you!

Doctor

A:   Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.

As per details, it seems that you are having acne vulgaris.
Those who have oily skin develops lesion of acne often on face . It may include comedones, papules, cysts, scars.
Treatment depends on the grade of acne.
In my patients , I prefer to advise topical clindamycin in the morning and Benzoyl peroxide alternatively with topical retinoids in night time.
If severe, oral antibiotics are also given like Doxycycline / minocycline / azithromycin.
Avoid hair oil application and oily food in the diet.
Wash the face twice daily with soap and water.
Visit your doctor so that he can examine you and give you prescription accordingly.
You can share my opinion with him.

I hope it helps.
Stay healthy