Hello about three days ago my girlfriend got a bat

Q: Hello about three days ago my girlfriend got a bat in her house and she did not know if she got bit. The day after I was with her and I ended up kissing her very briefly at the end of the night. The next day she got the rabies shots. Everyone tells me I'm perfectly fine, but I want to know if I should be concerned or need the rabies shots?

Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com
Firstly the chances of the bat having rabies is low, and also there is a big question mark on whether she was actually beaten by the bat.

So, I don't think there is any reason to worry.. Because if the bat did bite her she would have some kind of mark. So please don't worry.

Feel free to discuss further.

Patient: She had some marks on her, but none of them resembled a bat bite. The day i saw her I took her to a doctors office and they said there was nothing they could do because bat bites could be invisible. She ended up going to get the shots in an ER the next day to be safe, but my worry is I would not know if she was actually infected because she received the vaccine. The odds of me receiving the virus are extremely low, and I am unsure if the virus can even be spread that quickly after a bite anyways (
Patient: (Unsure if my follow up sent fully) ...(which is less than 24 hours) and I wanted to make sure that it is okay to be intimate while she is midway through the vaccination process.
Doctor: No, please don't worry about you getting infected or her getting infected from the vaccination.. It is safe, and it's not going to cause any harm.