Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello, After I shaved today I found a reddish spot near

Hello, After I shaved today I found a reddish spot near

Patient: Hello,After I shaved today I found a reddish spot near the top of my groin close to my stomach. I haven’t noticed it until now and it’s the only spot that I have found around my groin, thighs, and genital area. I haven’t had sex in over a year, but I’m extremely worried that it might be a genital wart and I’m really not comfortable with talking to my parents about it. Please help me, I’m stressed beyond belief.Sincerely,Nicholas Holmes

Hello,    After I shaved to...-1

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.It looks like is a benign lesion and not dangerous. But just to be on the safe side, I t hink that you should see a Doctor and get examined.Also, get tested by using the STD panel to help you. If positive, please get treated by the Doctors. Hope this helps you. All the best.