Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello! At soccer practice , I got my foot stepped

Hello! At soccer practice , I got my foot stepped

Patient: Hello! At soccer practice , I got my foot stepped on in the same place a few times by someone else’s cleats. My bruise is on my foot I kick with and whenever I kick a soccer ball it hits my bruise and it hurts. Anyways I have a soccer tournament tomorrow and I need to use that foot to kick with. What should I do to help make it hurt less?

Doctor: HI.Noted your history of having trauma over the foot with which you kick the ball.And bow it is bruised, and the kicking hits every time you hit the ball.This indicate that you have to have an X-ray if the foot and have clinical evaluation by an Orthopedic Surgeon. You can play in the tournament only if all the things are normal.Otherwise get proper diagnosis and treatment.Hope this helps you