Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello been having problems with my penis it constantly smells

Hello been having problems with my penis it constantly smells

Patient: Hello been having problems with my penis it constantly smells even after a shower and its like the smell infects my cloths like its sepping without me know or something. It’s more red than normal and has burnt once or twice and I’m taking b1 tablet I think it’s treatable with anti fungal cream but which type do you recommend

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.The reasons for the typical smell coming from the glans of the penis are:Balanoposthit is with secondary infection.The effective treatment is as follows:Clean the area with plain water 2 to 4 times a day and keep it dry with a pure cotton cloth or a dryer.you may apply liquid Povidone Iodine locally or a Metronidazole cream- nothing else at all. We have seen no results with any other solution, cream or ointment. So do not try anything else; if you are using any, please stop it.A course of antibiotic with metronidazole orally for 5 to 7 days should help you to get a cure. You can get your Blood Sugar checked.