Hello Can you please diagnose from the images provided what
Patient :Hello. Can you please diagnose from the images provided what is wrong with my throat, and what I can do to treat/heal it and to help with the pain. Also, is the health of my tongue normal - colouring and thickness of coating concerns me.
Symptoms: Sore throat, hard to swallow, painful sores in the mouth (both on the side and at the back of the throat), redness at the back of throat. I also get reoccurring small blood blisters within the mouth - lower gums, sides of mouth etc. - although small, these are painful. The back of my throat is particularly uncomfortable and painful due to sores and redness.
Thanks for your query and clear pictures and detailed history.
Please give additional information for me to assist you better:
- Since when have you got this problem?
- Any blood reports, throat swab culture or any other investigations? If yes, please post reports.
- You history says you are allergic to Penicillin, EES, Augmentin Forte, Keflex - please give the list of medication you have taken till now and whether any medicines enhanced your problem recently?
- Have you noted any factors that increase your problems?
My thoughts after reading your history and on-the-spot diagnosis provided by the two pictures are:
- Aphthous ulcers on soft palate
- Glossitis with coating
- Inflamed soft palate with hypervascularity
- Buccal lesions.
I would advise you the following:
Multivitamins with added Folic acid, Vitamins A and D in therapeutic dosages to increase the strength of the mucosa in view.
A short course of an antibiotic (whichever suits you) and Metronidazole say of 5 days helps a lot in recovery as it controls the infection, secondary effects of the original disease procedure as the oral cavity is exposed to all sort of environmental factors
Water in small but frequent dosages helps self cleaning.
Oral application of anti-thrush preparations.
I hope this answer helps you with proper diagnosis and management to get a cure.
Awaiting for your feedback on the answers.
These Q&A’s are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.