Hello Could u give me some tips on how I

Patient

Q: Hello. Could u give me some tips on how I could possibly grow 5 inches over the summer? I am 12 and about to be 13 in less than two months. And I am about 5 foot

Hello Could u give me some ...-1
Doctor

Welcome to ATD. Thank you for the query.

Here are the tips that will help you certainly:-

1. Eat A Healthy Breakfast:

A healthy breakfast plays an essential role in maintaining proper growth and development of your body. Skipping breakfast can be a bad sign for your overall growth, especially your height. You should eat a proper breakfast to boost your metabolism. It influences your body growth substantially.

2. Avoid Growth-stunting Factors:

Taking drugs and alcohol can cause a stunted growth. Avoid these addictions right from the young age. Proper nutrition is essential for a child’s growth as malnutrition also translates into a short height. Excess of caffeine and smoking disrupt your growth.

3. Get Plenty Of Sleep:

Adequate sleep and rest help in overall growth and development of the body. Growing kids and adolescents require 9-11 hours of sleep every night. Night time is considered to be the growing time for kids. You should create a very calm and noise-free environment to get a deep sleep. Good sleep in return helps you to grow in height effectively. During sleep, your body produces growth hormone in the pituitary gland. It further helps in the proper growth and development of your body.

4. Eat Right Foods:

Proper growth and development of the body requires a perfect balance of all the essential nutrients. To fulfill this, you can opt for the diet supplements as per your age group along with your proper diet. Balanced nutrition is very important for maintaining a healthy body.

5. Increase Your Immunity:

Immune system plays a vital role in body’s growth and development. To ensure a good height, it is important to keep your immune system fit and functioning. Regular illness or disease can cause stunted growth. Immunity can be enhanced with vitamin C which is abundantly found in oranges, grapefruits and lemons.

6. Exercise Your Body:

Regular sports and exercise can boost the growth and development of your body. Do swimming, yoga, biking and running along with good diet and proper sleep to ensure the proper development of your body. You must also do some stretches or ‘grow taller’ exercises to help you gain height. Yoga has proved to be very effective in growing taller.

7. Practice Good Posture:

Practicing good posture can help you grow 6 inches taller at . Always walk and sit in a straight posture to gain good growth in height.

8. Small and Frequent Meals:

Eat 6 small meals in a day instead of 3 heavy meals to stimulate your metabolism. Your growth hormone and height gain totally depend on the food that you eat. Hence, it is essential to get the required vitamins and minerals for gaining the natural growth in height.

9. Maintain Ideal Body Weight:

Obesity can have bad effect on your height growth. Hence, to gain good height or at least grow 6 inches taller, it is vital to maintain an ideal body weight by taking balanced diet and regular exercise.

10. Drink Plenty Of Water:

Water helps in digestion and in flushing out the toxins from your body. Hence, it is advised to drink at least 8 glasses of water every day to gain a good growth in height.

Hope this helps. Take care.