Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello, dear Doctor I need an advice, once during my workout

Hello, dear Doctor I need an advice, once during my workout

Patient: Hello, dear Doctor.I need an advice, once during my workout in the gym I undermined my nail.I thought it will healed by itself, but after a year it is still the same, with a big cavity under the nail plate.What should I do?May be there are some ointments, or creams, or other medications that might help me.I am really worried of this problem.Thank you, hope to hear you soon.Regards, Natalie.

Symptoms: A cavity under the nail plate.

Hello, dear Doctor  I need ...-1 Hello, dear Doctor  I need ...-1

Doctor: Hello thanks for your query on A T D.After looking at the pictures of nails it appears that there is no relation w ith your work out.If you develop any injury during your work out then it may cause nail disorfers It appears that you are having.fungal infection of nail leading to separation of nail from the nail bed.Please get the KOH exam of nail done after consulting your dermatologist.Hope you got me