Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello dear Dr I am a 23 year old girl

Hello dear Dr I am a 23 year old girl

Patient: Hello dear Dr. I am a 23 year old girl . I want to ask a question about my health condition.last week on Friday my Period juat finished and I had sex with my boyfriend on Monday (he is sure that he did every thing under his contorl ) I am sure about it … but today the whole day I was feeling vomiting…i was eating fruit and feeling vomiting …I am really under stress… I know that the pregnancy test cant show any thing since my period was last week . I cant use any pills because I have alergic thats why I am worried . Thank u so much

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query to askthedoctor.comFirstly, i understand your concern regarding getting pregnant after y our sexual intimacy with your partner. I would like to assure you that the chances of getting pregnant are minimal simply because if your periods have been regular and a 28-30 day cycle, then your like day for ovulation is either day 14 or day 15 of the cycle, after which you shall ovulate, so when you had sex, you were in your safe period when ovulation had not occurred at all. In absence of ovulation, even if there would have been an ejaculation inside the vagina, there are no chances of pregnancy at all. so you are pregnancy safe.Secondly, pertaining to nausea that you are experiencing today is possibly because of LH surge or ovulation time, which is normal to experience as progesterone levels shall increase from the mid cycle. And more so over stress per se, which you are experiencing can itself cause hormonal imbalances and early or late ovulation and can present with such symptoms. So it is advised that you should remain calm, and try to relax for you are not pregnant.If you want a lab evidence for ruling pregnancy out, then you may get a blood serum beta hcg test done, to check for hcg levels. This test is sensitive post 7 days of intercourse even before missed periods. If the levels of hcg are more than 1 or raised, you are pregnant, but if its less than 1, then pregnancy is surely ruled out. You may opt for the test to allay your anxiety and clear your conscience.I hope i have answered your query in detail,Wishing you safe sexual practices,Regards,