Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello doc its been seven days i have started doing exercise

Hello doc its been seven days i have started doing exercise

Patient: Hello doc..its been seven days i have started doing exercise and now my knees and ankle are swollen.. I have started applying volini spray.. Need your suggestion should i continue with volini or icing??? And when should i start my exercise again??

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.The swelling of knees and ankles is not a common phenomena after exercise.So, I will advise you to rest at least for a week and also take Advil twice daily after food to get relief from the inflammation.If it does not settle down, get it examined by your physician.Hope this was helpful,Regards