Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello doctor About a week and and a half ago I tore my frenulum

Hello doctor About a week and and a half ago I tore my frenulum

Patient: Hello doctor. About a week and and a half ago I tore my frenulum. There was excessive bleeding therefore I gave it the recommended amount of time to heal. Tonight, my girlfriend and I were having sex and it re-tore to the point where there was yet again excessive bleeding. Is this cause for concern or did I simply not give it enough time to heal?

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.Frenular tears can be due to sex without lubrication or rough sex. Although not serious, it needs at least 2 weeks to heal completely. Please give it at least 2 weeks, or else there will be a lot of delay in wound healing.So, better avoid intercourse till then.Hope this was helpful,Regards