Hello doctor About a week and and a half ago I tore my frenulum

Q: Hello doctor. About a week and and a half ago I tore my frenulum. There was excessive bleeding therefore I gave it the recommended amount of time to heal. Tonight, my girlfriend and I were having sex and it re-tore to the point where there was yet again excessive bleeding. Is this cause for concern or did I simply not give it enough time to heal?

Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com

Frenular tears can be due to sex without lubrication or rough sex. Although not serious, it needs at least 2 weeks to heal completely. Please give it at least 2 weeks, or else there will be a lot of delay in wound healing.
So, better avoid intercourse till then.

Hope this was helpful,