Hello doctor am 35 years old lady past 3month I get blood in vomit

Q: Hello doctor am 35 years old lady past 3month I get blood vomit and nose due to that my blood count get low and I go every week for blood transfusion and now I feel sick so I just wana find out if I dont go for blood transfusion due to my blood count go low what will happen to me ? Will I die or my body can make new blood ? According to my gp I have trear in tummy my normally my ho low as 5.9 or 6.4 and when I go hospital they give two units blood buh this time I dont waana go what will happen if dont go

A:   Hello.
Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

I suppose you got the blood in vomitus because of low platelet counts, which can cause bleeding from any site of the body.
If you are getting recurrent low hemoglobin despite the treatment, I suppose, you have Pancytopenia that is Low Hemoglobin, Platelet count, WBC count.
This requires blood transfusion and evaluation of the cause of this severe anemia.
If this is associated with Fever and Chills then she should be evaluated for Malaria.
I would recommend following tests immediately:
1. Hemogram with ESR to see for WBC and Platelet count.
2. Malaria antigen test
3. Liver and Kidney function test
4. Urine examination.
5. Stool for occult blood.
6. G6PD Deficiency.

If you have associated Pancytopenia, you would require Bone marrow examination to look for the possible causes like Aplastic Anemia, Leukemia and a lot many others.
Blood transfusion is just for symptomatic relief and to save your life. This is not the treatment. Treatment would be based the cause for which you require evaluation by the tests I have mentioned above.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy