Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello doctor. I am suffering from serious addiction to pornsince 10

Hello doctor. I am suffering from serious addiction to pornsince 10

Patient: Hello doctor….i am suffering from serious addiction to porn…..since 10 years….but these days episodes are more…i cant concentrate on anything…..if i stop craving was to high…please help me…how can i recover..

Doctor: HelloThanks for using “Ask The Doctor” for posting your query.Pornography addiction is very common and will requir e proper treatment. This involves use of naltrexone or fluoxetine medicines accompanied with behavioural therapy and activity scheduling.Do meet your doctor and get these medicines prescribed and for behavioural therapy and activity scheduling a psychologist will be a good person to contact. this thing is not very uncommon and is treatable. So please don’t hesitate and reach out for help.Hope this helps,Wish you a good health