Hello doctor i have keratosis pilaris

Patient

Q: Hello doctor.. i have keratosis pilaris. And it is literally annoying. What can i do for it to make my skin good. Can laser treatment will be effective. if so how much will be the aproximate cost..
thanks in advance

Doctor

A:   Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.

In patients of Keratosis pilaris, I prefer to advise keratolytic agents like topical retinoids, salicylic acid.
Along with this, a liberal amount of moisturiser is applied on the body.
In Refractory cases, consideration is given to start oral retinoids after ruling out the contraindications.
Laser is not a preferable modality of treatment for this condition.
Visit your Doctor so that he can examine you and give you a prescription accordingly.
You can share my opinion with him.

I hope it helps.
Take care.