Hello doctor i have keratosis pilaris

Patient: Hello doctor.. i have keratosis pilaris. And it is literally annoying. What can i do for it to make my skin good. Can laser treatment will be effective. if so how much will be the aproximate cost..thanks in advance

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.In patients of Keratosis pilaris, I prefer to advise keratolytic agents like topica l retinoids, salicylic acid.Along with this, a liberal amount of moisturiser is applied on the body.In Refractory cases, consideration is given to start oral retinoids after ruling out the contraindications.Laser is not a preferable modality of treatment for this condition.Visit your Doctor so that he can examine you and give you a prescription accordingly.You can share my opinion with him.I hope it helps.Take care.