Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello Doctor, I went to go get tested for std’s

Hello Doctor, I went to go get tested for std’s

Patient: Hello Doctor,I went to go get tested for std’s a couple weeks ago and today I received my results. I was told I had chlamydia and now I am suppose to go back and get tested for syphilis and some other things . I haven’t shown any symptoms for Hiv but should I be concerned? Last time I had sex was in February.

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.Well HIV can be completely asymptoma tic, so it is better, if you did have unprotected intercourse with someone who is a potential HIV patient, you can get yourself tested for a conclusive evidence.Hope this was helpful,Regards