Hello doctor Im a 19 year old female I had

Patient

Q: Hello doctor. Im a 19 year old female. I had unprotected sex around the end of november 2014 with a man who I believe did not ejculate inside me but I am not 100% sure. I got an hiv negative test result about 2 month after. But ive notice a lymph node behind my ear that is pretty small. It doesnt hurt but i havent noticed it before. I was wondering if you thought I should be tested again. Thanks

Doctor

A:   Hi,

Lymph node behind the ear can get enlarged due to different causes like infections of ear, throat, nose, respiratory tract etc.
Subclinical infections can also lead to lymph node enlargement sometimes.
As the lymph node is small and not painful, you can wait for few days, possibly it may come to normal size soon.
As your HIV test after two months of exposure gave a negative result, the possibility of infection is less.
If you want to be sure, you can repeat the test, which can eliminate these thoughts.

Take care