Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello doctor my father has been going through high blood

Hello doctor my father has been going through high blood

Patient: Hello doctor my father has been going through high blood glucose levels after his meals his not diabetic please advice what shall we do

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor.If your father is getting high blood sugars after meals, it indicated he is a diabe tic.So, it is better to get him investigated.I would advise you to get following investigations done:1. HbA1c- would give average blood sugar level estimation of around 3 months, irrespective of food intake.2. Fasting lipid profile3. Serum creatinine4. Urine for micro-albumin, routine and microscopy.5. ECG.Whether Treatment is needed or not would depend upon the reports.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy