Hello doctor my father has been going through high blood

Patient : Hello doctor my father has been going through high blood glucose levels after his meals his not diabetic please advice what shall we do
Doctor :   Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor. If your father is getting high blood sugars after meals, it indicated he is a diabe tic. So, it is better to get him investigated. I would advise you to get following investigations done: 1. HbA1c- would give average blood sugar level estimation of around 3 months, irrespective of food intake. 2. Fasting lipid profile 3. Serum creatinine 4. Urine for micro-albumin, routine and microscopy. 5. ECG. Whether Treatment is needed or not would depend upon the reports. I hope it helps. Stay Healthy

Related Q&A

Q: I woke up 2 weeks ago with tightness in my legs and it is still there. I can hardly walk. Can this tightness in both ...

Q: My 68 year old father has been diagnosed with an unknown virus. Prior to this diagnosis, he was generally healthy, wi...

Q: Ive been so tired for months now! Out of the blie this morning I tested my fasting blood sugar level and it was 164. ...

Q: When my sugar is low I experience exaggerated movements. Why

Q: When my sugar is low I get exaggerated movements. This has happened 3 times now Why?


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon