Hello doctor, My father is a kidney transplant patient

Q: Hello doctor,
My father is a kidney transplant patient..he is 45 years old....he is now suffering from fever and after the consult from our general physican.he is suggested us to do some test and in a result,There is a urinary tract infection...he is advised him to take cefas-200 and dolo for 5 days..
.is it safe for him...
Kindly suggest me what we have to do now...
Please sir....it is so urgent

A:   Welcome to Ask The Doctor.
We are here to help you.

Antibiotics need to be decided based on the Urine culture report.
I suppose, he can take Ceftas if his kidney functions are normal.
Once the culture report is available, then his antibiotics would be changed accordingly.
If kidney functions are disturbed, then your antibiotic dose would be modified accordingly.
Share my opinion with your Doctor before acting upon it.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy.