Hello doctor, My issue is that I haven't pooed in

Patient

Q: Hello doctor,
My issue is that I haven't pooed in 2 days and I also don't feel like going to the toilet. I have a lot of gas in my stomach and when I let it out, it feels really hot and smells really bad. (I am also going through my exam season) what does this mean and how can I solve it

Symptoms:  Stomach gas
Doctor

Welcome to ATD. Thank you for the query.

Constipation can have many causes. It might be that you’ve had a shift in your diet, such as a drop in fiber intake, or maybe because you’re not drinking enough water each day, or because your physical activity level has decreased, slowing your metabolic processes down, including digestion. Certain medications (such as narcotic pain medicines and iron supplements) can also cause constipation problems.

Constipation is a medical problem that needs to be attended to by a doctor if normal home corrective actions do not work.
If you are the type of person that goes to the bathroom daily and you have not gone in two to three days you should be concerned about this .
Make sure you eat plenty of fruits and vegetables.Try taking a stool softener and wait about an hour to see if that helps. Stay away from greasy food and dairy products.

Hope this helps. Take care.