Ask The Doctor > Pending > Hello doctor, my mother in law is a diabetic patient

Hello doctor, my mother in law is a diabetic patient

Patient: Hello doctor, my mother in law is a diabetic patient and from last 7 8 months she is suffering from recurrent UTI, recently she took ciprofloxacin for 7 days as she was reported for pus cells in her urine ;more than 50, after 7 days course of ciprofloxacin she again got her urine test and there were still pus cells around 30, so she is prescribed for levofloxacin 750 Mgs for 10 days…but i dont want her to go for this medicine as levofloxacin has lot of sideffects related to joint pains, tendonitis,tenosinovitis and all, its really very strong medicine, can u please prescribe really safe antibiotic, in her Urine cluture we have found Klebsiella infection,

Symptoms: Flank pain, urinary tract infection symptoms

Doctor: