Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello doctor Thank you for reading my question, I have bloating

Hello doctor Thank you for reading my question, I have bloating

Patient: Hello doctor. Thank you for reading my question. I am a 17 year old female and have symptoms of ; bloating, flatulance, cramping and fatigue. I had sexual relations on March 7th and 12th. On both in these occasions there was NO direct vaginal inverter course. However, I fear that my companion may have transferred sperm into my vagina with his hands. I had my period from March 16th-20th. I am concerned about the symptoms. What is the possibility I am pregnant?

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you.These symptoms are not of pregnancy.There is no point in doing urine pregnancy test at this early stage.If the exposure was high risk, you can take emergency contraceptive pill within 72 hours of exposure.You have not mentioned her your menstrual period date and date you had sex. So, i am unable to calculate if you were in the safe period when you had sex or not.Wait for your periods. If you miss your periods, get urine pregnancy test done at home after 10 days of missing her periods.I would advise you to be cautious next time.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy