Hello doctors i was on prednisolone 5 mg ,6 tablets

Patient

Q: Hello doctors i was on prednisolone 5 mg ,6 tablets per day for a week last month due to asthma...will this affect my menatrual cycle which is 27 days. My period time is yesterday but still i havent got my periods yet....Please explain

Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

Usually, prednisone has less effect on sex hormone-related effects compared to the other effects. But it may cause you to have irregular periods, heavy bleeding, cramps and such symptoms. If you develop these and they are severe, please see your Doctor to get medication which has minimal sex hormone action. This should help you with the recovery.

Hope this helps you. All the best.