Hello Dr actually I did marriage tests so I got

Patient: Hello Dractually I did marriage tests so I got a high level of hba2 : 7.5 so the hematologist told me that I have thalassemia minor as a carrier. but my fiancee had a little bit not obvious results in the reports she had the hba2 :3.59 and the ferritin is low and more things I will send you the reports. so after that the hematologist told us that she need to take iron supplements so she took for 2 weeks and after that we repeated the tests and she got decreased hba2 and some better ferritin so please my question here does in these reports indicate that she have thalassemia minor as a carrier or iron deficiency anemia ? the first report is “itani medical laboratories”. and then “Makassed general Hospital”and then Maaz general laboratories .Please give me a specific answer if she have thalassemia minor as a carrier or iron deficiency anemia.and does the low hemoglobin make any influence or please if you explain for me or its like that because of anemiaThank you

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern regarding your fiancee’s test results.In order to proper ly differentiate thalassemia from iron deficiency, the following tests will be helpful.1. Red cell distribution width will be high in iron deficiency whereas low in Th2.RBC count will be low in iron deficiency whereas high in Th3. Other markers such as serum iron, ferritin, and t saturation will be low in iron deficiency4. Iron binding capacity is increased in iron deficiencyHba2 of 3.5 is a high normal and does not qualify as Th minor. The above are other indirect evidences of Th being present.I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to meRegards

Patient: I have the reports I can send you them right now . so I put them in order these are for my fiancee.

Patient: I have the reports I can send you them right now. So I put them in order

Patient: Third report also is here

Doctor: Hello
Thanks for getting back. I saw the reports which you have attached. Two reports have two separate names on them, one report has name written in Arabic. Could you please let me know which report is yours and which is your fiancĂ© ‘s

Patient: Actually the three are for her no one is for me

Doctor: Hello
Thanks for getting back with the clarification.
The first report does not indicate Thalassemia to be present, it has shown iron deficiency anemia. Which is common in women of reproductive age group.
From the latest reports, it looks like she has been treated for iron deficiency anemia hence there is an improvement in the latest report.