Hello dr I am 27 yr old married female trying to concieve

Patient

Q: Hello dr I am 27 yr old married female.trying to conceive for 3 months.. we had unprotected sex in all fertile window and every alternate days in this month.my period cycle is not so regular but most of the time it is 30 to 31 days.my expected period date of this month is 15th apr but I got my period 4 days before..in 11th apr.and it lasted only one day..I m facing little fatigue and breast tenderness also..so I want to know that is it possible that may be I am pregnant and this one day period is actually IB. Should I go for a home pregnancy test.kindly advice. Thank u.

Doctor

A:   Hi,

Little bit of irregularity in periods can occur due to many causes.
Usually, menstrual cycle with length of 21 days to 35 days should be considered as normal only. And some time variations in menstrual cycle can also be seen.
But sometimes minimal bleeding can be seen in early pregnancy also due to causes like increased blood supply to local genital structures, growing gestational sac damaging the surrounding vessels, bleeding on expected date of periods as small gestational sac cannot completely obliterate uterine cavity etc.
So, please go for urine pregnancy test to rule out the possibility of pregnancy.

Take care.

Patient: Thank you very much doctor :)