Hello Dr I had technically had unprotected sex with someone

Patient: Hello Dr. I had technically had unprotected sex with someone (the condom broke) and this happened 3 days ago, how accurate will a std test be if I got tested today?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.There are many sexually transmitted diseases, each of which have a specific incubation pe riod. If you get them tested before the incubation period time frame, then you cannot rely on the reports and would need to re test after some time again for confirmation.Here are a list of the diseases with incubation period of time frame after which You can test for the infection.Gonorrhea test after 2 to 6 days after exposure and re test after 2 weeks after treatmentChlamydia test after 1 to 5 days of exposure and retest after 2 weeks after treatmentSyphilis test after 3to 6 weeks after exposure and retest after 2 weeks of treatmentHIV test _do a RNA test after 9 to 11 days I exposure and repeat as per treatment protocols if positive.Herpes should be tested after 4to 6 weeks after exposure and retest after 3months after treatmentHepatitis A test after 2 to 7 weeks and need to re testHepatitis N to be tested after 6weeks of exposureHepatitis C to be tested after 4 to 6 weeks of exposure retest after 3monthsYou could consult a doctor personally and discuss the combination of tests feasible in one or two sittings to help you clear your doubts and stay at ease.Hope this helpsRegards