Hello everyone, About three weeks ago, I held my pee in

Patient

Q: Hello everyone,
About three weeks ago, I held my pee in one late night, because it was freezing cold. I finally relented, after waking up and being in a little pain, and went to the bathroom. The next day I had some aches around the lower abdomen; but my urine was not bloody. I went to the doctor a day or two later and got a urine test, which came back negative for infections. I mentioned holding pee in, and he told me maybe I had a bladder strain. So for a week or two, the sharp pain would come and go, moving around the lower region of my abdomen. I also felt really gassy and bloated one day; but it went very quickly. Then a week of minor stinging pains, and nothing, then stinging pains again, and then nothing. The doctor asked me to get an ultrasound when I visited him again. Then, last night, I had the bloating feeling again, but the pain was more intense, and with burping. I also had a fever. The next morning I had the ultrasound; and got the results back which showed nothing suspicious. The guy who did my ultrasound said he was looking for gallstones and other things--to rule them out. So, I'm sitting in front of my computer, freaking out, wondering if its a bladder infection (supposedly you can still have them without having a positive urine test), or UTI, or cancer. I'm scaring myself just looking at all the possibilities it could be.

I've read that people can have stretched bladder pain for a few weeks; but this is currently an intense nausea pain that has dulled somewhat from last night. It also seems to move. Sometimes its under the naval, then the right side, then everywhere. Agh, I'm doing my head in. The bloated feeling kind of reminds me of Gastroenteritis. Oh, and when I drink coffee, the stinging pain increases.

I haven't had a blood test yet.

Your professional opinion would really help in trying to narrow down the cause. Thank you in advance.

Symptoms:  Minor sharp pain in lower abdomen, bloated feeling, burping, light fever, nausea
Doctor