Hello, For last 2 years I am facing urine infection
Patient :Hello, For last 2 years I am facing urine infection issue which is always treated by anti biotics and cranberry juice but for last 1 year I am feeling an irritating and itching pain near kidneys, stomach side. All tests are done. Kidney ultrasound is perfect but found infection in urine. Medicine used Augmentin.. Ceprafloaxcim... Need advice???
Thank you for the question.
The urinary tract consists of the kidneys, ureters (which connect the kidneys and the bladder), bladder, and urethra. Urinary tract infections (UTIs) can occur in any part of the urinary tract. Most UTIs are caused by bacteria. They can also be caused by fungi or viruses.
Here are a few things which can help you:
- wiping from front to back after urinating or having a bowel movement
- drinking six to eight glasses of water daily
- drinking water after having sex
- not holding urine for long periods of time
- cleaning your vaginal and rectal areas daily
- taking showers instead of baths
- wearing comfortable underwear, tight fabric traps moisture
- wearing underpants with a cotton crotch.
Please seek medical attention if the problem continues. I hope this will help you. Take care
These Q&A’s are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.