Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello, for months I have been experiencing numbness as tingling

Hello, for months I have been experiencing numbness as tingling

Patient: Hello, for months I have been experiencing numbness as tingling in my legs and hands (usually when I’m hot) also vision problems, and extreme fatigue, also trouble walking and some muscle spasms. I’ve also been having a tightening feeling in my chest an abdominal area. I am 17 and female. I got an MRI and it showed zero lesions on my brain or spine. Could I have Multiple Sclerosis?

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.I cannot say if you have MS or not without an examination but here are a few things to k now about MS. MS stands for multiple sclerosis and occurs when the nerve coverings of the spinal cord and brain are damaged.It will present with these symptoms:Loss of sensationTingling sensationsMuscle spasmsProblems with speechUsually, MS is diagnosed by using imaging and lab tests. If your Doctor did not find anything, you may not have it. You could however have other nerve related disorders. The best thing for you to do would be to talk to an experienced Doctor to reach a diagnosis.Hope this helps you.